A competent pedestrian injury lawyer in Columbia, MD will help pedestrian accident victims who are often left with permanent injuries and debilitating anxiety. Dubo Law takes pride in every client that recovers. We are ready to take care of you or your loved ones and examine your case thoroughly and with compassion. We will gather the evidence, talk with witnesses, and look for the possibility of any cameras capturing footage of the accident. Having peace of mind that someone is fighting for your rights can make you focus on something more important – your recovery. Neil Dubovsky and his team will vigorously pursue the maximum compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of benefits, lost wages, and many more.
Although we cannot alleviate the pain and trauma you experienced, we can help you and your family move forward with your life and provide a sense of justice. Do not wait, contact Dubo Law to ensure a proper legal representation. We will surely present your case in the best light.
What Can Columbia Pedestrian Accident Attorney Do For You?
LEGAL SERVICES AT DUBO LAW
When it comes to stressful legal matters, the help of the dedicated pedestrian accident lawyer in Columbia, Maryland is invaluable. Dubo Law is ready to put our skills to use on behalf of you and your family. Our law firm has helped many families successfully navigate pedestrian accident cases, so we are your ally in:
Dealing with insurance companies
Advising on your next move
Expect More With Pedestrian Injury Lawyer in Columbia, MD
RESULTS-DRIVEN & CLIENT-FOCUSED
- Experience and Expertise – Neil has generally gained extensive experience in litigation, especially in personal injury litigation, since his graduation in 2002.
- Reputation – Being extremely direct, honest, clear, and client-friendly, Neil puts his experience work for his clients.
- Prompt Resolution – Dubo Law is committed to a quick resolution, so we do not take more cases than we know we can handle fairly.
- Outstanding Outcomes – Neil has helped recover millions of dollars for personal injury victims throughout his career, so his results speak for themselves.
- No Upfront Costs – There is no risk to you due to the contingency fee arrangement as we do not receive any fee unless and until we recover for you. Also, we offer free and confidential initial consultations.
- Represented Insurance Companies – Neil spent the first decade of his career representing the insurance companies, so that knowledge and experience are the foundation for outstanding services at our law firm. The clients will certainly benefit from that knowledge.
Award-Winning Pedestrian Injury Accident Attorney Columbia, Maryland
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“I have had many attorneys for many different things over the years … by far the service I have received from Dubo Law has been excellent. The care and communication they have provided to me has been exceptional. Thank you Neil and Jordan for caring and explaining things for me, being patient with me through that awful time in my life … I have and will continue to refer clients his way as a direct result… thank you again for everything”.
“They took care of my case splendidly! Whenever I called the team was very informative and let me know what I needed to know when I needed to know it. With covid going on there were a few delays but the process went by smoothly as far as I know. Highly recommended!”
“Neil is knowledgeable, kind, and personable. He responds promptly and he is full of resourceful answers; even when subjects may be outside his area of law.
Neil has helped me twice with just plain sound advice, making him one of the kindest persons around. Not always easily found in an attorney. I will refer him to anyone in my family who needs a personal injury attorney!!!”
Financial Compensation in Pedestrian Injury Cases
All pedestrians who have been hurt in a pedestrian accident by someone else’s negligent act have a right to claim for the injuries. Depending on the different factors, like the severity of the injuries and the specific details about the accident, you may be eligible for :
Refer to real, actual financial losses that you have because of the injuries. It compensates the victim for all monetary losses, making the victim financially ‘whole.’ It usually includes past and future lost wages from missed work, past and future medical bills, lost employment benefits, and any property damage.
Tend to compensate for more subjective losses, like pain and suffering, loss of consortium or companionship damages, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and inconvenience.
They do not serve to compensate the victim for losses but rather to punish the defendant for especially egregious acts and to deter intentional or reckless behavior. They are awarded only in specific situations.
Fault in Pedestrian Accident Cases
Although many people will assume that the vehicle driver is always at fault. However, under Maryland law, this is not true. The responsibilities and rights of both pedestrians and drivers are equal and reciprocal – i.e., everyone owes it to everyone else to behave safely. Still, the responsibility for the accident may shift between the motorist and the pedestrian.
Motorists may be liable for the accident if they fail to obey traffic and pedestrian signs, fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians, are speeding, DUI, or use a cell phone.
Pedestrians are potentially liable in cases where they disregard traffic and pedestrian signs, jaywalk, disregard sidewalks, cross the highway under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and do not yield the right of way to vehicles when not using a crosswalk.
Despite the contributory negligence doctrine in Maryland, Dubo Law has had many successes representing pedestrians struck by vehicles. We know all the arguments and defenses, and we will present them to maximize the chances of obtaining the rightful compensation. According to the previously mentioned contributory negligence, if the pedestrian has played even the slightest part in causing the accident, they cannot receive money damages resulting from the accident.
However, when victims place themselves at risk of injury, we can apply a valuable legal tool called the last clear chance rule. It is frequently used in pedestrian cases when the victim is negligent. Still, if it can be proved that the defendant had the chance to avoid injuring the pedestrian in the final moments before the incident, the victim may still recover the damages. In such cases, it is extremely important to have an experienced pedestrian injury lawyer in Columbia, MD, to guide you through this complicated process skillfully.
Pedestrian Accident Cases Statistics in Maryland
Maryland has been ranked the 14th deadliest state for pedestrians (based on 2018 statistics). In the first six months of 2018, there were 60 pedestrian deaths, with a pedestrian fatality rate of 1.00 per 100,000 people.
In 2019, 92% of pedestrian-involved crashes in Maryland resulted in injury or death, with the Metropolitan area having the highest concentration of pedestrian-involved crashes (according to statistics between 2015 and 2019).
Finding a Qualified Pedestrian Injury Lawyer in Columbia, MD: Dubo Law Will Never Settle for Less
Pedestrian accidents can be truly traumatic and catastrophic. Having Dubo Law at your side to work hard will ensure fair treatment and the settlement you deserve. We are consistent with updates and options so that you can count on us at every step of the way. We will always treat our present and future clients with respect and provide 24/7 access to our legal team with quality customer service. Speaking with a dependable pedestrian injury accident attorney serving Columbia, Maryland, can help you recover physically and financially from your injuries. Contact Dubo Law at (443) 275-6345 for a free initial case evaluation.
How to Choose the Pedestrian Accident in Columbia, MD?
Without the help of a reliable and experienced pedestrian accident attorney in Columbia, insurance companies may take advantage of your situation and try to settle for less. The most suitable lawyer for you is the one you are comfortable with and who will operate in your best interest. Do not hesitate to ask as many questions as you can think of, including:
- What are your qualifications and experience?
- What type of cases do you usually take?
- What is your fee structure?
- Do I have a viable case?
- What are my options?
- How do you see my case progressing?
Our goal is to ensure that our clients are completely satisfied with our services. We are also completely transparent about whether we are the right law firm for you.
How Does Pedestrian Accident Attorney Determine Fault?
We must evaluate many factors before determining the fault of the driver or the pedestrian. Here are some of the most important:
- Pedestrian age: In Maryland, young children are incapable of contributory negligence, while older children are judged by more lenient standards than adult pedestrians.
- The pedestrian’s location in the roadway when the accident happened: Maryland law requires that the driver must stop for a pedestrian in an unmarked or marked crosswalk when the pedestrian is on the approaching vehicle’s half of the roadway. Also, the pedestrians facing traffic or with their back to traffic, walking on the edge of the road or entirely off the road are important factors any pedestrian accident lawyer must consider.
- Speed of the vehicle and a pedestrian: Accident reconstruction with the location of the property damage to the vehicle is likely to determine the vehicle’s speed. On the other side, the speed of the pedestrian is also important, as there were situations when the driver had little or no time to avoid hitting a pedestrian. Insurance companies refer to these situations as ‘dart out’ cases.
- Alcohol or drugs: Were some of these substances involved on the part of the driver or pedestrian? It is a strong factor in determining liability on the part of either party.
- Cell phone usage: Drivers who use their cell phones while driving violate the Maryland law and are more prone to distraction and striking pedestrians.
- The lightning of the accident place: On dark places without illumination, there is a higher chance that the driver will not see the pedestrian. Pedestrians should wear brighter-colored clothing and cross the road with greater care.
What is PIP Coverage and How Is It Related to My Pedestrian Accident?
This no-fault insurance coverage covers the policyholder, family members, the passengers in the vehicle, the driver and passengers in another vehicle, and pedestrians injured in the motor vehicle accident. Many vehicle owners opt to waive PIP coverage, but in fact, it is fairly cheap and can provide immediate financial relief for medical bills and/or lost wages.
The PIP usage will not increase your premiums, and the defendant’s insurance company is not allowed to take advantage of PIP usage to make a reduced offer. Handling your PIP claim is fee-free – Dubo Law will do it at absolutely no cost to you.
Contact Us for Your Free Case Review!
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Your health and safety are important to us. Please be advised that we are open for business during COVID-19 quarantines. All consultations will be conducted either via video chat, phone, or email.
Sign up for our newsletter
"*" indicates required fields