Statistics indicate just how dangerous cars are to pedestrians. In Maryland, 92% of pedestrians involved in a collision with vehicles will suffer an injury or death. As one of the top-rated pedestrian injury lawyers in Lutherville-Timonium, Dubo Law will fight to obtain compensation for victims of pedestrian accidents. This lengthy and complex legal battle should not be your concern when recovering from injuries or dealing with the loss of a loved one. Our dedicated legal team will guide you through the process necessary to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. You may be entitled to receive compensatory damages, including medical care expenses, lost wages for time away from work, loss of benefits, loss of consortium, compensation for pain and suffering, personal property damage, and many more.
Dubo Law is here for you to negotiate on your behalf in and out of the courtroom. We understand that no award value can provide a salve for your pain. Still, relief from financial burden can allow you to focus on the physical and emotional healing that you need.
Lutherville-Timonium Pedestrian Injury Attorney: Services
A dedicated Lutherville-Timonium personal injury lawyer will know all the laws, jurisdiction, compensation values, and statute of limitations in your pedestrian injury case. Free analysis of your case will allow us to review your injury claim and determine the monetary value of your claim. We are here for you to:
Help you prove fault
Advise on your next step
Negotiate with the insurance companies
Ensure you meet all the deadlines
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents are a result of negligence. When an individual fails to exercise reasonable care, and that failure causes an accident, the consequences are almost always devastating. Pedestrians are left vulnerable and unprotected, unlike the vehicle driver, who is protected by the seat belt and thick metal frame.
Typical causes of pedestrian accidents are:
- Distracted driving (texting, talking, adjusting the radio, etc.);
- Failing to stop at crosswalks;
- Intoxicated driving;
- Failing to yield right of way;
- Pedestrians jaywalking across a busy street;
- Municipal negligence (failure of traffic control devices, poor street layout, etc.);
- Illegal U-turns;
- Reckless and careless driving.
The Goal of the Pedestrian Accident Case
The goal of Dubo Law is to negotiate a favorable settlement on behalf of our clients to cover all of their losses. We are also well prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. The following damages may entitle you to compensation:
The injuries you have suffered may require emergency and non-emergency surgery, hospitalization, medications, medical equipment, follow-up care, rehabilitation, and many more. A settlement could cover these and any other medical costs from your accident. Medical expenses are in the category of economic damages
Pain and Suffering
Although not having an obvious cost, pain and suffering may be a significant portion of your financial recovery. It may include physical and psychological pain, emotional trauma, loss of quality of life, interruptions in your sleep, disfigurement, and many more. Pain and suffering is a category of non-economic damages.
Diminished Earning Power
Diminished earning power reduces your future income, so you may make less income after your accident. If you cannot work at all, you have to change your job to accommodate your injuries and limit your working hours.
Other Professional Costs
Accounting for all professional losses from your pedestrian accident is our job. We will seek coverage for other professional costs, such as lost productivity, loss of future professional opportunities, and income you have already lost while recovering.
Time Frame for Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Certain factors can affect the time frame for your pedestrian accident settlement:
- Your physical recovery – It is recommended that you reach the maximum medical improvement (MMI) before starting the negotiations. Waiting to heal as much as possible can provide a clear picture of your medical damages. Our team is here to review your records and discuss your recovery with medical experts to account for your medical expenses properly.
- The complexity of your case – The complexity of the case depends on the circumstances of the accident, the nature of your losses, how long it takes to gather evidence, how many parties are involved in your case, and whether all the parties agree about the facts of your accident. No matter how your case might seem complicated, we will work diligently to resolve even the most complex case.
- Whether we can obtain a settlement or go to trial – settlements generally offer a quicker resolution than a trial. This is the main reason why settlements are more common than trials.
Maryland’s Pedestrian Safety Laws
Maryland’s roadways should be safe for everyone – drivers, bikers, and pedestrians. Pedestrians need to be properly educated on the laws and how to do their part to improve their safety.
- Pedestrians facing a red traffic signal alone may not enter the roadway.
- When facing a ‘don’t walk’ or ‘upraised hand’ signal, pedestrians may not start to cross the roadway.
- Pedestrians shall always yield right-of-the-way to any vehicle if they cross a roadway at any point other than a marked crosswalk or in an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection.
- Pedestrians may not cross an intersection diagonally unless authorized by a traffic control device.
- Pedestrians may cross only in a marked crosswalk between adjacent intersections at which a traffic control signal is in operation.
- Crossing an intersection diagonally unless authorized by a traffic control device is not permitted.
- When there is a sidewalk, a pedestrian may not walk along and on the adjacent roadway. When there is no sidewalk, a pedestrian may walk only on the left shoulder or on the left side of the road, facing traffic.
Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Lutherville-Timonium: Why Dubo Law?
Being a licensed attorney since 2002, Neil has gained extensive experience in litigation generally and personal injury litigation specifically.
Being extremely client-friendly and attentive, Neil has developed a reputation as hard-working and aggressive. You will deal with Neil directly, so every question or concern you may have will be addressed directly by an attorney.
Here at Dubo Law, we are proud to say that we do not take more cases than we know we can handle fairly. We will strive you receive the maximum for your claim but also receive it quickly.
His results speak for themselves, so Neil has helped recover millions of dollars for victims of pedestrian accidents and other personal injury claims throughout his career.
No Fee Unless We Recover for You
A contingency fee arrangement means there is no risk to you - we do not receive any fee unless we win the case for you. We will do all the work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Represented Insurance Companies
For the first decade of his career, Neil worked for and represented the insurance companies, and now uses that knowledge to benefit his personal injury client. Knowing exactly how they operate, their tricks and ploys do not work with him.
Distinguished Lutherville-Timonium Pedestrian Accident Attorney
“Neil is a pleasure to work with. He is definitely the attorney you want in your corner. He is so responsive when I call or text even when it is something that he can’t handle for me. Very knowledgeable in his field. Great connector too. I highly recommend him …”
“Neil Dubovsky is one of the best personal injury attorneys I know in their area. Very responsive, hands on and VERY PERSONALBLE. If there were more than 5 stars on Google I would give him more!!! Highly Reputable & has an outstanding Law Firm. When it doubt contact Dubo Law!”
“I cannot say enough about how Dubo Law handled my case. Neil and Jordan kept me informed the entire time and when I needed to make a decision about whether to settle or go to Court, Neil let ME make the decision. He gave me all the information with no pressure and, in the end, negotiated a great settlement that I was really thrilled with. Highly recommended and would refer Dubo Law to anyone without hesitation.”
Pedestrian Hit In Crosswalk Settlement – How to Get It? Call Dubo Law at (443) 275-6345
When talking about pedestrian accident settlements, without the proper representation, you are at risk of being awarded nothing at all. A competent pedestrian accident attorney in Lutherville-Timonium will analyze your claim and develop a strategy tailored to the facts of your case. Do not wait too long to call Dubo Law and ensure a top-notch legal representation.
Contact Us for Your Free Case Review!
9515 Deereco Rd, Suite 704
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Your health and safety are important to us. Please be advised that we are open for business during COVID-19 quarantines. All consultations will be conducted either via video chat, phone, or email.
Sign up for our newsletter
"*" indicates required fields