The consequences of motorcycle accidents can be severe, simply because motorcyclists have little or no protection that stands between them and other vehicles. The injuries may be significant, permanent, and potentially life-threatening, even in low-speed collisions. When involved in a motorcycle accident, you will probably need one of the top motorcycle accident lawyers in Maryland – Neil Dubovsky.
Here at Dubo Law, we know that no amount of money can make up for the pain and suffering you have experienced. Still, it is no reason to turn down the amount of money that can help you restore the original quality of life, or at least something closely resembling it. With the assistance of medical professionals and accident reconstruction experts, our motorcycle accident lawyer in Maryland can help you build a strong case proving the other driver’s fault. In addition, you can receive compensation for all the damages you may suffer from the accident, like medical expenses, lost wages, mental anguish, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and many others. After seeking medical help, legal advice may be helpful, so feel free to contact a Maryland motorcycle lawyer today.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Maryland: Dubo Law
Suppose you or your loved one has suffered injuries from a motorcycle accident. In that case, you will probably need skillful and knowledgeable representation to get the compensation you deserve. Our team is able to provide:
PAYMENT OF MEDICAL BILLS AND EXPENSES
Motorcycle accidents are among the worst types of accidents becausethey can result in some of the worst injuries like broken bones, paralysis, back and spinal cord injuries, brain damage, and many others. The skilled motorcycle accident lawyer in Maryland will recover the medical bills for procedures performed following your accident, as well as future procedures.
PAYMENT OF LOST INCOME
Missing out on earning an income due to the injuries you sustained in the motorcycle crash, you may have a claim for lost revenue. Dubo Law will gather all the necessary documents to prove your claim forlost wages. We will do our best to get you the lost wages you are entitled to.
COMPENSATION FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING
Pain and suffering can seriously impact a crash victim’s life. Mental anguish, discomfort, insomnia, PTSD, and many more can result from the motorcycle crash. Dubo Law will thoroughly investigate all the factors which can influence the amount of compensation you deserve and determine how much compensation you are entitled to for pain and suffering.
PROPERTY DAMAGE CLAIM
A property damage claim is a formal reimbursement request for the repair costs from a motorcycle crash. It is not limited to the cost of fixing your bike, so you can also receive compensation for a rental vehicle while your motorcycle is in the repair shop. Our motorcycle accident lawyer in Maryland will inform you on what exactly you are entitled to recover.
QUALITY OF LIFE COMPENSATION
When you lose the quality of life, it is more than just pain and suffering. The inability to engage in physical activity, damage to reputation, bodily mutilation, deformity, loss of an organ, sterility, and many other intangible things are part of quality of life damages. An experienced Maryland motorcycle accident lawyer from Dubo Law, will guide you through the difficult task of recovering compensation from the responsible driver.
Why Choose Dubo Law as Your Maryland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
We strive to represent you zealously and aggressively to negotiate the best possible settlement for you. And if the insurance company is not willing to make a fair settlement offer, we WILL go to Court to protect your interests. We understand all the unique challenges posed for riders, so a motorcycle accident lawyer in Maryland will work to establish the liability and obtain the proper compensation.
- Expertise and Experience– Since 2002, Neil has generally gained extensive experience in litigation, especially in personal injury litigation. In addition, he has almost two decades of experience serving clients across Maryland.
- Reputation –Neil has established a reputation of being extremely client-friendly, direct, honest, and clear. A high level of personal attention means that any concerns are addressed directly by an attorney. We are happy if our clients are happy, so client satisfaction is paramount.
- Results – Neil has helped recover millions of dollars for accident victims throughout his career. He is proud to fight for what he believes in and treat every case with the wholehearted effort to get the results.
- Contingency Fee Arrangement – There is no fee for us unless we recover for you, which means there is no risk to you. What is more, we ensure that motorcycle accident victims receive legal representation regardless of their ability to pay. So let us do all the work for you so you can focus on your recovery.
- Quick Resolution – Here at Dubo Law, we are committed to prompt resolution, because justice delayed is justice denied.We are dedicated that you recover the maximum value for your claim and receive it quickly.
- Represented Insurance Companies – Neil has seen both sides, so he knows all the tricks and ploys the insurance companies use to take advantage of motorcycle accident victims. Likewise, his clients will benefit from the knowledge of how the insurance companies operate.
About Neil Dubovsky, Maryland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Neil graduated with honors, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2002.
- Received the prestigious Faculty Award, awarded to the student who best “exhibited unusual qualities of scholarship, leadership, and service.”
- Prestigious appellate clerkship for the Honorable Lawrence F. Rodowsky, who spent two decades as a Judge on the Court of Appeals of Maryland, the state’s highest court.
- Rated as one of the Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyers in the state of Maryland by the National Trial Lawyers Association – it simply means that well-respected lawyer organizations and his colleagues have recognized Neil’s achievements and success.
- Neil was selected to the 2021 and 2021 Maryland Super Lawyers list, with no more than 5% of the fellow lawyers in the state that were chosen via a selection process involving independent research, peer nomination, and peer evaluation.
- Received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell. It is the highest rating possible and is given to attorneys ranked at the highest levels of professional excellence, legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards.
- Represented and defended his fellow attorneys, which made him a “lawyer’s lawyer.” He represented them in legal malpractice cases and ethics matters before the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland.
- Argued multiple times before the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland, demonstrating his willingness to take a case to the highest court necessary to secure the best result for his clients.
Amazing Maryland Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
“Personal injury law comes with a number of stigmas, that aren’t well understood. Attorneys in this practice area are there to help you navigate the world of auto insurance claims, potentially help recover a monetary sum, or determine if there’s a legitimate cause to file suit as a result of an accident. Neil is one of THE best in the business, not only at winning his cases, but also at guiding his clients down the right path based on the individual circumstances. He is always willing to help someone and have a conversation at no cost, and I highly recommend his services should you find yourself involved in an accident resulting in any type of personal injury.”
“If you need attorney services look no further then attorney Neil Dubovsky. He fights for his client. He’s the nicest guy you ever wanted to meet. The staff is nice, professional, and always helpful. Mr. Dubovsky, takes time with his clients, is never rude, and never too busy. If he is busy he will call you back immediately. Service with a smile the Neil Dubovsky way.”
“Neil is knowledgeable, kind, and personable. He responds promptly and he is full of resourceful answers; even when subjects may be outside his area of law. Neil has helped me twice with just plain sound advice, making him one of the kindest persons around. Not always easily found in an attorney. I will refer him to anyone in my family who needs a personal injury attorney!!!”
Types of Motorcycle Accident Compensation
There are three major categories of damages:
They can be calculated precisely according to your medical bills, lost wages from time spent away from work, and the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged property during the motorcycle crash.
They cannot be calculated so precisely because they include physical pain and suffering, loss of life enjoyment, emotional distress, and mental anguish.
Intended to punish the defendant, they also serve to deterrent the general public from engaging in similar acts in the future.
Maryland Motorcycle Law
Motorcycle-specific laws in Maryland must be known to all motorcyclists to avoid being at fault if a crash occurs. Some of them are:
- Motorcyclists must wear helmets that must be certified by the Department of Transportation unless you ride off-road;
- The law requires that you have a muffler;
- Motorcycle handlebars must not go beyond 15″ about the rider’s seat;
- Helmet speakers are legal for one ear only;
- Passenger footrest and seat are both required if you carry a passenger;
- Lane splitting (driving on the line between two other occupied lanes) is illegal;
- Lane sharing (two motorcycles driving abreast in a single lane) is legal;
- Motorcycles on the state roads must wear eye protection unless a bike has a windscreen. Off-roaders are exempt from this law;
- Motorcyclists are not required to turn their lights on; however, it is a good practice to avoid accidents due to poor visibility.
Maryland Motorcycle Crashes Statistics In the last 5-year period, 1,654 motorcycle crashes in Maryland resulted in 1,382 injuries and even 69 deaths.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Maryland
There are many causes of motorcycle accidents; however, it is a fact that many car drivers are not properly experienced in sharing the roadway with motorcycles. Many times other drivers simply do not see the approaching motorcycle. Here are some common causes of accidents:
- A car turning left into the path of an oncoming motorbike;
- A distracted driver who does not see motorcycle approaching;
- The driver turns or changes lanes without checking blind spots or looking behind
- Aggressive car drivers crowd out motorcycles;
- Drunk driving;
- Badly maintained roads;
- Driver misjudges the speed of a motorcycle in an oncoming lane of traffic.
Injuries in Motorcycle Crashes
The injuries that resulted from a motorcycle accident can be catastrophic. They can also be life-altering or even fatal. Some of them are:
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries at any severity and of any level;
- Severe penetrating injuries that may damage internal organs and other body structures, depending on where they occur and cause hemorrhaging;
- Amputation of toes, fingers, limbs, or other body parts;
- Broken bones anywhere in the body (along with the related damages to muscles, tendons, nerves, etc. that the jagged bones produce)
- Injuries to the soft structures of the face, including the eyes, mouth, and nose;
- Loss of skin layers due to scraping along the road surface – road rash;
Call Dubo Law, One of the Most Competent Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Maryland
One of the top-rated accident lawyers in MD will help you recover the compensation from the negligent drivers. We are located at 9515 Deereco Rd, Suite 704 Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093. Office working hours Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, texts and calls are accepted 24/7. We are here to help you, so do not hesitate to schedule a free initial consultation.
Areas We Serve
Dubo Law represented the clients throughout Maryland including Baltimore City and the following counties: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Caroline, Carrol, Cecil, Dorchester, Frederick, Garrett, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George’s, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Washington, and Wicomico.
Contact Us for Your Free Case Review!
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Your health and safety are important to us. Please be advised that we are open for business during COVID-19 quarantines. All consultations will be conducted either via video chat, phone, or email.