Recovery after a personal injury can be stressful since there may be physical and mental injuries to recover from, as well as the financial difficulties that come with paying for unneeded medical bills and replacing destroyed property. Allowing a personal injury attorney in Bel Air to concentrate on pursuing the compensation deserved from the incident’s liable party might help you escape some of the stress and move on from the situation.
Dubo Law injury attorneys will provide impeccable service to victims of car accidents, birth injury malpractice, motorcycle accidents, train accidents, pedestrian accidents, tractor-trailer and truck accidents, slip and fall injuries, hospital and nursing home malpractice, wrongful death cases, and dog bites (animal attacks). Our team of lawyers, managed by one of the best personal injury attorneys in Bel Air – Neil Dubovsky will ensure you go through the legal process without a hassle, to recover your losses and start the healing process as soon as possible. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case review.
When you are hurt, you might be unsure of what to do. While you are unable to work, your bills may accumulate. Injuries can induce physical discomfort as well as anxiety. We can assist you in regaining control over your life. The best way to acquire the support you need is to hire a personal injury attorney at Dubo Law firm.
Bel Air Personal Injury Lawyer for Meaningful Compensation
- Car Accidents – You should be looking to protect yourself as a victim of negligence. An automobile accident lawyer can assist you from the start of your claim, as waiting might hurt you more than the crash itself. Lyft, Uber or Taxi accident – we got you covered.
- Birth injuries – Birth injury cases are incredibly devastating and traumatic for all parties involved. As the unfortunate result of medical malpractice, they can be permanent and catastrophic. Let Dubo Law gently guide you through this complex legal process and ensure a hopeful future for you and your family.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Dubo Law seeks full compensation for wounded motorcyclists in motorcycle accidents caused by the negligence of others. Contact our office to discuss your legal options.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Even if you are unsure if filing a personal injury lawsuit is the best decision for you, you owe it to yourself to look into all of your legal options. Our pedestrian accident attorney wants to relieve you of the burden following an accident.
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents – You have a legal right to seek compensation from the “at fault” party regardless of where your trucking accident occurred. Determining who is responsible after a tractor-trailer accident is complex and often challenging, so Dubo Law is here to help you.
- Premises Liability – Our team can assist you or a family member who has been injured in a slip and fall accident. Our trip and fall attorneys can answer any questions you have and submit a claim on your behalf, resulting in fair compensation for you and your family.
- Medical Malpractice – Our skilled attorneys aggressively represent victims of medical malpractice in Maryland. If you or a family member has been injured or died due to medical malpractice in a hospital, nursing home or any other healthcare facility, we strongly advise you to call our office as soon as possible to discuss your options.
- Wrongful Death Cases – The greatest first step in getting legal counsel for your wrongful death claim is to contact a Bel Air injury lawyer who has compassion, determination, and above all, skill to handle your case.
- Dog Bite Cases – Dubo Law’s dog bite team has assisted many victims in receiving compensation for their injuries. We can offer legal guidance in assessing your case, and we will not accept your claim until we firmly believe that we can help you.
Best Personal Injury Attorney in Bel Air, MD
Neil Dubovsky, Esquire
If you want to get the expertise you deserve, Neil Dubovsky is the right attorney for you. His tranquility and calm personality will guide you through difficult times after the accident. Neil is rated as one of the Top 100 Civil Trial Lawyers in Maryland by the National Trial Lawyer Association. Neil has also been selected as a SuperLawyer for multiple consecutive years. Only 5% of attorneys throughout Maryland are selected annually for Super Lawyers.
Be sure that Neil provides a hands-on approach where you will have direct interaction with one of the top-rated injury attorneys in the Bel Air area.
The Most Common Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
The kind and severity of the victim’s injury determine the damages available in a personal injury case. Injuries can be diverse, but they all have one thing in common: they have a significant emotional and financial impact on the victim’s life. Some of the most common include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Burns, cuts, and road rash
- Airway obstruction
- Soft tissue injuries
Any of the abovementioned injuries need immediate medical attention and, if left untreated, can be fatal. Whether you were injured in a vehicle accident, a fall, or any other form of accident, you should always speak with an injury lawyer as quickly as possible to compensate for your injuries. To file an injury claim, an attorney can examine the severity of your injuries and losses.
Benefits Awarded in Personal Injury Cases
In personal injury lawsuits in Maryland, the law allows for various benefits to be awarded. Depending on the multiple factors and circumstances, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages, reimbursement of medical expenses, and, in the event of death, burial and survival benefits.
The Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Cases
A statute of limitations is a time limit within which you can file a lawsuit for a certain legal situation. According to current Maryland regulations for most personal injury cases, the statute of limitations is 3 years after the date of injury. The clock starts ticking from the date of the incident.
Contributory Negligence in Maryland
Maryland is one of five states in the U.S. that still uses contributory negligence rather than comparative negligence (the others being Virginia, Washington, D.C., Alabama, and North Carolina).
The Maryland contributory negligence doctrine is harsher on accident victims. It poses significant hurdles for Maryland personal injury attorneys seeking justice for their clients. The failure of the accident victim to exercise reasonable care that contributes in any manner to the plaintiff’s injuries is an absolute bar to reimbursement under this rule. The plaintiff would be barred from recovering if it was determined that they were only 1% at fault for their injuries.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When you are hurt in an accident or due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you need to hire an injury lawyer. It can assist you in obtaining compensation for your injuries. A lawyer will also defend you against insurance companies and major corporations that are trying to avoid paying you proper compensation for your injuries and damages. No two cases are alike, but some situations indicate you should hire a lawyer:
- Liability is disputed
- You are being considered partially liable for your injury
- Multiple parties are involved
- You have sustained a permanent disability
- An insurance company is refusing to pay a valid claim
- The claim involves a government entity
How Much It Will Cost Me?
The majority of personal injury attorneys charge their fees on a contingency basis. The client does not pay them by the hour in this case. Instead, the law firm will take a percentage of your settlement or court award as their only fee.
You do not owe the law firm any fees if you do not win your case. Injury victims can afford to hire expert legal counsel because of contingency fees. These fees also encourage lawyers to take on valid cases; otherwise, they will be forced to complete all of their labor for no pay if they lose.
How Clients Rate Experience with Our Attorneys in Bel Air, MD
“I have had many attorneys for many different things over the years … by far the service I have received from Dubo Law has been excellent. The care and communication they have provided to me has been exceptional. Thank you Neil and Jordan for caring and explaining things for me, being patient with me through that awful time in my life … I have and will continue to refer clients his way as a direct result… thank you again for everything.”
“Neil definitely goes the extra mile for his clients. We know from first-hand experience that he has the perfect combination of knowledge, compassion, and caring. Our family was in a serious accident. Without Neil, we don’t know what we would have done. He’s simply the best. He was so responsive to every question that we had and walked us through each step of the process. We will definitely recommend him to family in friends if they’re ever in need of his services. He really turned an overwhelming ordeal into something manageable.”
Contact Us for Your Free Case Review!
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Your health and safety are important to us. Please be advised that we are open for business during COVID-19 quarantines. All consultations will be conducted either via video chat, phone, or email.
Sign up for our newsletter
"*" indicates required fields